Monday, February 23, 2009

Luke's 1st Night in "Big Boy" Bed

Well, I finally bit the bullet and did it!! Luke turned 18 months on Saturday and even though still a baby to me, I had to start getting him into his "Big Boy" bed. So last night was the night! Cooper and Luke will be sharing a room but each with their own bed. I had tested them a handful of times, but it always resulted in Cooper in Luke's bed and them having a pillow fight. But last night seem to be the right timing. Kenley and I put the boys to bed at their 8pm bedtime. Of course Cooper had to have his night lights on, but he was asleep in a matter of minutes. Luke on the other hand decided to sing to try to wake up Cooper. About 20 minutes into bedtime Luke got really quite and I thought "It worked". But suddenly there was a "THUD" and lots of crying.
Kenley and I just about plowed each other over in the hall trying to get to him. Evidently, he was trying a King Kong move and flipped over the side railing. I picked him up, checked him and loved him. He seemed okay, so we laid him back down. Kenley put the boys' two pillow chairs at the end of the railings on the bed to make somewhat of a make shift "cage". He did NOT fall out of his bed the rest of the night!!! However I was up several times checking on him.




Luke only woke up once during the night after all the chaos. Little Cooper didn't seem to be bothered by all the chaos during the night. However, Cooper did wake early as always - 6am this morning. So when I took him back to his bed, I noticed Luke was laying on top of the covers. So as any Mommy, I thought he needed to be moved back under the covers. Well I should say that did not work, from then on it was "Good Morning Lane boys"! They were wide awake and ready for chocolate milk and Dora the Explorer!!!! I got them settled in the living room by 6:30am and I crawled back in bed for a few more zzzzz's.



It may not have been "advice book" perfect, but I thought it was a big step and a huge success for us. We did not end up back in the baby bed!!! WooHoo!!!! Hopefully all will keep going great and we will be all set in the "Big Boy" bed. We are on count down to baby Lane (10 weeks and counting) so I am on a time crunch getting everything ready!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment