Monday, July 6, 2009

Cooper's Graduation


Cooper graduated from THREE SCHOOL on May 14, 2009. We are all so excited for him! He learned so much this year and made lots of new friends. I am so proud of him! He already new his colors, shapes and numbers real good before school but now can do so much more. I am impressed that he knows even letter recongnition, can spell & write his name, and also spell several other words.
The day of graduation was not a good day for Cooper. He woke up in a cranky mood and therefore he wasn't the best little boy at school. We started off with a crying spell and fit-throwing act (not unusual for Cooper when there is something "big" going on). Then Mrs. Eden (the teacher) came & got me to come to the class room. Her & Mrs. Julie could not get Cooper to come out from under the table. After some pleading and promising and THREATENING; He came out crying. He didn't want to wear the graduation hat, which were so cute! I ended up taking him out and putting him in the time out chair, where he procedes to tell me he would rather sit in time out than participate in graduation. I then have to get Kenley involved. Keep in mind that I had a baby a little over a week ago from that time, so I was wearing down pretty fast with Cooper's act! We finally get him to agree to be good for the teachers and do everything they ask of him. As you can tell by the pictures, he was not happy about it. He didn't even look up or smile, just pouted and frowned!! Such a proud moment for Mommy!! HaHa!
All in all, we got through it! Hopefully the fit throwing will not be as bad in FOUR SCHOOL. I'll keep my fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment