Thursday, June 25, 2009

God Must Be Laughing

Okay...no pictures with this post, but too funny not to tell!
Saturday, May 9th, Mom & Jodi left to run errands and get ready for Mother's Day and Marlee's baptism which was the next day. I had decided I was fine and Mom didn't necessarily need to stay with us any longer. She questioned me, but I reassured her several times. Late that afternoon, me and the kids were just hanging out in the house. Kenley had been mowing the yard, and was about to weed eat. Marlee was starting to wake up and wanting to eat, just about the same time Cooper decides he needs to use the bathroom, and poor little Luke was still not feeling real good from having pneumonia, so he was very fussy and cranky. Cooper proceeds to get on the potty by himself and I sit down to feed Marlee and try to keep Luke calmed down. Cooper soon hollers from the bathroom "Mamma, Come wipe my hiney!". I tell him he will have to wait till I am done with the baby, and he patiently says okay. A few moments later, he hollers and says he wiped his hiney by himself. This is a first, so I just up from feeding Marlee and go to see what kind of mess he made. To my surprise he did quite good. As I turn my back, I tell him to flush it and wash his hands. Luke is right under my feet, I stumble over him, Marlee starts to cry and then.....and then I hear water pouring.....out of the potty. I turned the water off, but it didn't help! I sprint to the backyard, however Kenley is weed eating on the backside of the fence. I am screaming at the top of my lungs holding a crying baby. (He admitted later he thought he heard something but just kept on.) I run back in the house and run to the front where he is coming up to. After a few moments, I get his attention. By my actions, he probably thought the world was coming to an end! We run back into the house, baby stopped crying by now, Luke still crying and Cooper scared to death he is in trouble. By this time water was standing in the bathroom, running under the wall to Marlee's room and out into the hall soaking into the carpet. Nice, huh! I laid Marlee down and me and Cooper and Kenley start soaking up the water with dirty towels. If that wasn't bad enough, the phone starts ringing. My cousin Sunday got a good laugh when I told her what was going on. We finally got everything cleaned up and dried. It turned out Cooper used way too much toilet paper and I just didn't check. Now he reassures me he did not use to much. It was not to funny at the time, but later I sat down and really had a good laugh. I called my Mom to give her a good chuckle. I told her God was testing me to see what I could really handle. He had to have gotten a good laugh out of that test! We all survived so I guess I passed.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! At least you are able to see the humor in it now!

    ReplyDelete